A mother and daughter in the Czech Republic died after becoming trapped in a friend's sauna in a freak accident, The Guardian reports.
The women, aged 65 and 45, were using the sauna at a friend's home and had been in the sauna for around 90 minutes when their friend went to check on them.
“The owner thought they were taking too long to come out so she went to check and found them lying on the floor,” police spokeswoman Iva Kormosova said in a statement.
“The handle on the sauna door broke and the women were trapped. They tried to break the window on the door but failed,” Kormosova continued.
Emergency services were called and pronounced the women dead at the scene.