Mom Shares Scary Photos to Warn Other Parents About the Dangers of Laundry Detergent Pods

| Trending News

Mom Jemima Strain is sharing a warning to other parents after her son was injured while helping her with the laundry.

Strain wrote on Facebook that her son picked up a liquid detergent pod and it popped, with the liquid going into the little boy's eyes.

"I had no idea how awful the contents are," Strain wrote. "After washing them out as much as possible he was still clearly in a lot of discomfort and pain."

She and her husband took the boy to the hospital, where they spent "over an hour and a half with a full team of nurses who had to hold him down and force his eyes open whilst trying to neutralise the liquid with a litre and a half of saline fluid to wash out his eyes," she wrote. "He was traumatised as was I."

MORE: Toddlers Are Suffering Serious Eye Burns From Liquid Laundry Detergent Packets

They then went to an eye specialist clinic where they were told the boy had suffered chemical burns, and if they hadn't washed his eyes out as fast as they did, he could have suffered major damage to his eyes.

"It's an awful advertising gimmick making them look like fun squiggy pouches," Strain wrote of the pods. "Even i've been tempted to give it a squish... multi-sensory is all the rage for a reason. But the manufacturers need to look at child proofing the boxes. And take this much more seriously."

Strain shared that her son was blind for three days and now has his full sight back.

"Please don't let your children help with the washing," she concluded. "These tablets are as bad as bleach and can be life threatening if swallowed."

[H/T Facebook / Jemima Strain]

Related:

Mom Shares Scary Facebook Post to Warn Others After Alleged Encounter With Human Traffickers at IKEA
Mother Shares Warning on Facebook After Discovering Mold in Her Son's Applesauce Pouch
Furious Husband Unleashes His Anger in Facebook Post After Wife Was Fired From Cracker Barrel