Bikini season may be winding down, but that's no excuse to take a vacation form working out. If you're looking to tone those arms of yours, here are five quick moves to achieve beautiful biceps — and you don't even need to go to the gym!
Shoulder Press: Not only will you be toning your biceps, but your shoulders will be getting a good workout too.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your elbows and raise your upper arms to shoulder height so the dumbbells are at ear level.
- Push the dumbbells up and in, directly over your head, and lower the dumbbells back to ear level.
- Repeat for ten reps.
Push Up: This move may seem a little basic, but there's a reason for its popularity. No one is too good for push ups!
- Get into plank position with your hands beneath but slightly outside your shoulders.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor. As your lower yourself, keep your back straight and tuck your elbows close to your body so your upper arms form a 45-degree angle when lowered.
- Pause and then push back to the starting position.
- Repeat for five to ten reps, depending on your fitness level.
Traveling Push Up: To put a twist on a basic fitness move, try the traveling push up.
- Start in a push up plank position.
- Move your right arm to the right side to be in a wide push up position.
- Hold your plank for a second, then dip into a regular push up.
- Rise back up to the wide push up position.
- Move your right arm back to the center, and repeat the process with your left arm on the left side.
- Continue alternating sides each rep, and do five to ten reps, depending on your fitness level.
Weighted Arm Circles: These might remind you of volleyball or basketball practices as a youngster, but they will work wonders and you will feel the burn!
- Grab a pair of light dumbbells and stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your elbows straight and your palms facing the ground, raise your arms so they are level with your shoulders.
- Draw small clockwise circles with your weights. Keep your feet grounded, back straight and abs tight. Do not arch your back. If you feel yourself swaying, drop to a lower set of dumbbells.
- After thirty seconds, switch directions to counterclockwise.
- Rest your arms for thirty seconds, then repeat for five reps.
Bicep Curl: Last but certainly not least, the bicep curl is the number one move to achieving beautiful biceps.
- Hold your dumbbells at arm's length at the edges of your hips. Turn your arms so that your palms face inward.
- Tuck your elbows into your sides and bend them, curling the dumbbells up to your shoulders. Make sure your elbows stay stationary and your upper arms don't move either.
- Slowly lower the weights back to your thighs. Your arms should be fully extended downward.
- Repeat for 60 seconds.
For a different type of bicep curl, try holding your arms out horizontally and bending the dumbbells in toward your ears. If you're feeling really ambitious, try the Stability Ball Squat with Bicep Curls.
What are your favorite bicep workouts? Share with us in the comments below!