Being a mom is exhausting. Your days are filled to the brim with activities and events for your family members that you hardly ever have time for yourself. It's easy to overlook your personal health when you're in charge of an entire family, but don't let that be an excuse! Here are eight quick fitness moves that you have time for every single day.
Jumping Jacks: Not only are jumping jacks a great warm up move, but they're also an amazing cardio workout. These will get your blood pumping for sure! Learn more about jumping jacks here.
Squats: These bad boys will target your abs, glutes and quads. If you are like many women and have bad knees, don't worry! If done correctly, squats can alleviate pressure from the knees by strengthening surrounding muscles without applying unnecessary pressure on your joints. Do ten reps. Amp up your squats by adding a kettlebell swing. Learn how to do the move here.
>>Read more: Do You Know Squat? Four Steps to Perfect Squats
Sit-And-Squeeze: Got a particularly busy day? You can do this toning exercise while you're sitting at your desk or folding laundry. Simply squeeze your glutes — that's all! Just make sure that you're sitting, because it is noticeable to passerby!
Step Ups: Utilize the steps in your house! If you don't have steps, you can use a bench or footstool. Read below or click here for full details.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at your sides. Stand in front of a bench or step, and place your right foot firmly on the step. Your foot should be flat on the step.
- Press your right heel into the step and shoot your body up until your right leg is straight. Do not bring the left foot to the step, let it hover above the step. You should be standing on your right leg alone.
- Lower your body back down until your left foot touches the floor. That’s one repetition. Do as many as step ups as you can in 60 seconds. Switch legs after every set.
Push ups: Push ups are great because they target your arms, chest, back abs and glutes, all in one workout! Check it out here.
Tricep Dips: Not only will these target your triceps, but also your core strength. You'll need a stable bench or chair to complete this move. Learn how to do it here.
Butterfly Abs: You will feel the burn in your abs and shoulders with this killer move. Check out the full details here.
Plank: The dreaded forearm plank really targets your core and arm strength. Try to go for 30 seconds at first, then gradually increase the time increments until you get to one minute.
- Lie face down on floor resting on your forearms.
- Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
- Keep your back flat, contracting your abdominal muscles while you hold your body in a straight line from head to toe.
- Don’t let your butt sag or stick up in the air.
- Hold in this position for 60 seconds.