On a busy day when you need a quick workout that blasts calories and ignites your metabolism, this is the workout for you! This routine will take you 20 minutes and is sure to leave you out of breath, sweaty, and ready to rock the rest of your busy day! The best part? You don't need any extra equipment and can do it from the comfort of your own living room! Perfect for early risers or those looking to take advantage of nap time!
Complete each move continuously for one minute. After the fifth move, take a one minute rest. Complete the sequence three times.
1. Lateral Hop: When you do this move, try to keep your abs tight and remember to swing your arms forward to help you find a good rhythm! Learn how to do this move here.
2. Burpee: Burpees are a great way to burn calories quickly. If this is a little too intense, don't jump your legs back, but simply walk them back one at a time. For more information on performing buprees, click here.
3. Scissor Jumps: This is a great way to get your body moving! If it becomes too much, substitute this move for alternating lunges. Get info on scissor jumps here.
4. 180-Degree Squat Jump: If your heart isn't already pumping, these squat jumps will get you there! Do these for 60 seconds before moving on to the next more. To learn how to properly perform a squat jump, click here.
5. Star Jump: Didn't make the high school cheer squad? Don't worry, we've just accepted you onto our team! This move will remind you of cheering for Friday night football games! Learn how to do a star jump here.
Once you've completed this routine one time through, rest for one minute, and repeat the sequence two more times.
This routine should leave you spent! It's a great way to get your cardio in without spending hours at the gym! If you want more routines to do at home, check out some of the moves in our Fitness Index!