Balance may seem secondary when it comes to getting that slammin' six-pack, but the truth is improving your stability actually goes a long way in strengthening and toning your whole body! If you are looking for some ways to tighten up that tummy and work on developing your equilibrium, check out these tried-and-true moves below.
1. Toy Soldier Stretch: This total body stretch will improve your balance in no time. Start with your arms above your head, and as you lower one arm, kick the opposite leg up to meet it! For more information, click here.
2. Samson Stretch: Begin by reaching your arms over your head. Carefully step forward into a wide lunge, keeping your chest and back as straight as possible. If you tighten that core, you will really feel the burn! Click here for more directions.
3. Arabesque Taps: Talk about a real tummy trimmer! This move will help improve your stability in no time. Lift one leg to a 90-degree angle and hold it tightly as you bend down to touch your toe! For more information, click here.
>> Read more: 6 Benefits of Stretching
4. Reverse Lunge with Front Kick: Target those glutes, quads, and abs with this kickboxing favorite! Lunge backward, and then step forward and kick one leg to hip-height, making sure you don't lock out that knee. Be sure to engage your core for the best results! Click here for more details.
5. Single Leg Chair Sits: You'll really work those core muscles with this move! Kick one leg out in front of you as you slowly lower yourself into a chair, making sure you keep those glute muscles engaged! Click here to see how it's done.
6. Bosu Plank Tilts: Strengthen your upper body and your core in no time with this move! Get into pushup position on an overturned Bosu ball and slowly tilt back and forth, keeping those core muscles sucked in against your spine. Click here for more instructions.
7. Side Kick: Crank up the heat with this heart-pumping exercise! Extend one leg to hip-height and hold for three counts. Make sure you keep your spine straight and those abs nice and tight! Click here for clarification.
>> Read more: Be a Knockout with Boxing: Finding Your Style
8. Single Leg Deadlift: Deadlifts are a great way to hit the lower back, glutes, and thighs, but if you throw in a game-changer like lifting your leg, you've got the perfect move to improve your balance! Just kick that leg up as you lean down and touch the ground! Click here for more information.
9. Stability Ball Plank with Leg Lift: Really engage your core with this ab-blaster! Come into a high plank on a stability ball and position your arms under your shoulders. Carefully lift one leg a couple inches as you hold your plank! For more details, click here.
10. One Leg Squat: If you are ready for a challenge, then give this move a go! Extend your arms and one leg in front of you as you squat down. To see how it's done, and for some modifications, click here.