If you are sick of walking into the store and being instantly bombarded with hundreds of skincare options, then it is time to take a step back and go natural! You don't need a fancy, expensive cream to clear up that dry skin. We've compiled a list of healthy, effective, and cheap natural skin treatments that will have your body glowing in no time!
>> Read more: 10 DIY Facial Masks with 5 Ingredients or Less
1. Coconut oil: Not only does coconut oil make us smell ravishing, but it also makes for a great moisturizer! It is a fantastic hydrating agent for those of us who suffer from chronically dry skin, and it can actually reduce water loss in our skin as well! The best part is, coconut oil is super affordable and widely available, so just hit up your local grocery store for a bottle!
2. Avocado oil: Lather up with this hidden gem! Avocado oil is packed with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants which strengthen and protect the skin from damage. It also contains a substance called sterolin, which can soften the skin and decrease the presence of age spots! Avocado oil is also great for promoting hair growth and relieving itchy scalps, so feel free to apply as needed!
3. Honey and baking soda: You would never suspect that when combined, these two ingredients create a really powerful exfoliant! Trust us, this is not a mixture you want to miss out on. Honey brings antioxidants, enzymes, and other essential elements that clean and hydrate, while the baking soda serves as a natural exfoliator that gently wipes away dead skin cells. It's a winning combination!
4. Lemon juice: Lemons are overflowing with health benefits, so it should come as no surprise that they can boast skincare as one of their numerous gifts! Lemon juice is known to brighten and clear the skin, so just mix it with a couple drops of coconut water for a hydrating blend that will leave you feeling beautiful and refreshed in no time.
5. Almond oil: Almond oil has a ridiculous amount of health benefits, such as it is a fantastic lubricant and moisturizer, it has anti-inflammatory properties, it can restore the normal pH of the skin, it can remove dark marks on the skin, it reduces wrinkles, and it can even be used as protection against the sun! It is a definite must-have for your collection!
6. Coffee grounds: Yup, don't bother hitting up the coffee pot, ladies. Take your relationship with coffee to the next level! Coffee grounds are loaded with antioxidants, and can even prevent premature skin aging! Also, when used in creams and moisturizers, coffee is known to reduce swelling and inflammation, temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite, and make your skin silky smooth! For a simple exfoliant, try mixing coffee grounds with olive oil and sea salt!
>> Read more: Banish Dry Skin: 9 Back-to-Beautiful DIY Scrubs