This is a fun and tasty way to prepare chicken tenders that your kids are going to love! The mixture of Panko breadcrumbs and coconut give the chicken a sweet and crunchy flavor. Pair with a delicious side dish like our spicy sweet potato fries and you have a healthy and easy meal perfect for the whole family! Added bonus? Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified as a "functional food" because it provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content.
Recipe: Skinny Coconut Chicken with Sweet Thai Dipping Sauce
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 3 tenders and 1 tablespoon dipping sauce
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
⅔ cup lite coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flake
½ teaspoon salt
black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 375° F, lightly grease a cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray and set it on a baking sheet, then set aside.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine the chicken, coconut milk and lime zest. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to marinate.
- In a separate shallow baking dish combine the Panko, coconut flakes, salt and pepper.
- When the chicken has marinated, allow the excess coconut milk to drip off back into the baking dish (then discard it), and coat each chicken tender with the Panko mixture. Set them on the prepared cooling rack/baking sheet. Spray the tops generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden and done.
Per Serving: (3 tenders and 1 tablespoon dipping sauce)
Calories from fat: 118
Saturated Fat: 8g
The nutrition content of recipes on Smart Nutrition.has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of