Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many find it hard to squeeze in enough time to eat something that’s nutritious, delicious and that can be made in less than 10 minutes. Cereal is a popular breakfast choice because it’s extremely easy to put together and only takes a couple minutes to eat. Moms know the convenience of cereal for breakfast, since all they have to do is set out a couple boxes of cereal with spoons, bowls and a small glass of milk to pour while continuing to get ready. Here are 14 awesome alternative breakfast ideas instead of boring old cereal!
1. Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes To Go: School day mornings are not complete without one of these tasty oatmeal cupcakes in hand. Made with wholesome and healthy ingredients, make this recipe ahead of time for everything you need for a fast and easy breakfast! Click here to see the recipe.
2. Two-Step Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies: Made with quick cooking oats, mashed bananas, cinnamon and stevia, these two-step oatmeal cookies are simply amazing! Enjoy them immediately after baking, or store in an air-tight container for later use. Click here to get this recipe.
>> Read more: 50 Fast and Easy Breakfast Ideas
3. Apple Mug Muffin in 2 Minutes: Have two minutes to spare in the morning? Make this! Mug recipes are fast, fun and tasty — especially this one! Packed with applesauce, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup, this is one breakfast recipe you need to try. Click here to check it out.
4. Egg & Sausage Burrito: If you love the hearty taste of sausage, egg and cheese in the morning, then you gotta try this out! Make a large quantitiy of these burritos and store in the freezer for later use. If you like to organize meals throughout the week, be sure to squeeze this recipe in as much as possible! (via Family Balance Sheet)
5. Freezer Pancakes: Love pancakes but don’t have enough time to prepare, cook and clean up the battered mess? Try freezing them! Similar to the breakfast burritos, these freezer pancakes make morning meals more appealing. Heat it up it in the microwave for a about a minute and enjoy! Use our recipe and these freezing directions!
6. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches: Scrambling to get the kids out the door while getting everything ready to go for yourself? These freezer breakfast sandwiches will certainly come in handy! Prepare them the night before, freeze in a Ziploc bag, and microwave the next morning. It’s super easy and great to rely on during a hectic morning. (via Jess Fuel)
7. No Bake Honey Nut Cheerios Snack Bars: If your kids love the taste of Honey Nut Cheerios, they'll go crazy for these no bake cereal bars! Prep time only takes about 10 minutes, and cook time is only three minutes. Make sure you prepare these the night before, because they need about two hours to chill. (via Averie Cooks)
8. Whole-Wheat Banana Strawberry Crumb Muffins: This food blogger swears by her recipes that cost less than $5 to make, so if you are looking for a fast, easy and tasty recipe for the morning, check this one out! (via 5 Dollar Dinners)
9. Oatmeal Smoothies: Don’t let the title throw you off, because these oatmeal smoothies are fabulous. Although they can be prepared in the morning for immediate use, they can also be stored in the freezer for the following morning. How convenient! This food blogger provides several different recipes for oatmeal smoothies, so there is bound to be at least one that you and your family will love. Check it out!
10. Homemade Nutri Grain Bars: These bars are great for sluggish mornings that call in for a little energetic TLC. Packed with whole grain, protein and sweet, natural sugars, this recipe is worth the effort! The recipe calls for a freezing time, so if you have enough time to make this late in the evening after work or school, pop them into the freezer and serve until ready! (via My Whole Food Life)
11. Banana Blueberry Muffins: Banana and blueberry are a naturally sweet and delicious fruit combination. Mix it with other wholesome, healthy and filling ingredients, and you’ve got yourself a breakfast of champions. Click here to get this great recipe! (via: My Whole Food Life)
12. Chia Pudding: Ch-ch-ch-chia! Chia is extremely healthy for you, and tastes great in the morning as a breakfast pudding. This food blogger gives awesome instructions of how to make a simple chia pudding, along with ideas of how to make this into a tasty meal for the family! Click here to check it out!
>> If you are new to using chia seeds, click here to read about 12 ways you can cook with them!
13. Make-Ahead Brunch Cups: Betty Crocker knows breakfast, and these brunch cups are magnificent. Made with everything you love and look forward to at brunch in small, savory cups. Click here to get the recipe!
14. 4-Ingredient Banana Oat Bars: It’s amazing that only four ingredients can make such a tasty breakfast bar! This recipe uses banana, oats, chopped dates and walnuts… yum! Optional to add in a pinch of salt, dash of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract. Click here to see!