Here's the basic breakdown for fall: Fall brings football, football brings tailgates, and tailgates bring a hefty spread of greasy finger foods and troths full of icy cold beers. Attending those tailgates can be stressful if you're watching your waistline, so we're here to help you out! This article focuses on beer — a famous tailgating necessity. Here are the top light beers to sip on this season!
1. Budweiser Select 55 | 55 calories, 1.8 grams of carb, 2.4 percent ABV. If this beer is bikini-friendly, then it’s definitely perfect to drink during football season.
2. Miller Genuine Draft 64 | 64 calories, 2.4 grams of carbs, 2.8 percent ABV. Great choice for beer-drinking beginners. It’s light and has a subtle hint of lemon. Yum!
11. Sam Adams Light | 119 calories, 9.7 grams of carbs, 4.3 percent ABV. Light on calories, heavy on the hops. Crack one open for the big game and enjoy!
BONUS: Check out this infographic that you can pin or print! Hang it on your fridge if you must!
3. Michelob Ultra | 95 calories, 2.6 grams of carbs, 4.2 percent ABV. The original “low-carb beer” that’s a popular choice for health-conscious football fans. Try it!
4. Busch Light | 95 calories, 3.2 grams of carbs, 4.1 percent ABV. This has one third of the carbs in a regular bottle of regular Busch, with the same refreshing taste.
>> It's football season, which means you'll probably see your fair share of "Dad Bods." Click here to read more about this absurd trend!
5. Amstel Light | 95 calories, 5 grams of carbs, 3.5 percent ABV. Those who like this beer claim that it's hoppy, grassy and refreshing.
6. Miller Lite | 96 calories, 3.2 grams of carbs, 4.2 percent ABV. Reminiscent to a pilsner with plenty of bubbles. It's great for those who like a little texture in their beer.
8. Heineken Light | 99 calories, 6.8 grams of carbs, 3.5 percent ABV. If you like the original Heineken, you’ll like this one just as much. Sit back and cheer on the game!
9. Coors Light | 102 calories, 5 grams of carbs, 4.2 ABV. This light beer has 45 less calories than a regular Coors. If you purchase this in a can, you call tell when it's cold because the frosty mountains on the label turn blue.
10. Bud Light | 110 calories, 6.6 grams of carbs, 4.2 percent ABV. This All-American classic sells more than any other beer in the US! It’s no surprise that this is a top choice to fill up an icy tub at tailgates.