Need to tone and tighten that lower body? Sometimes, targeting your legs and butt can be a little tricky, so we found 17 lunges that can get your legs ready for any season — whether you're working for a beach booty or want your legs long and lean in skinny jeans!
1. Reverse Lunge with Front Kick: Ready to sweat? This move works your glutes, quads and hamstrings to give you a great workout! Don't forget to stretch first! Click here to get more information on this move.
2. Reverse Lunge and Press: Work your quads, glues AND shoulders with this move! If you're doing a total-body workout, this is exercise is a great addition to your workout. Check it out here.
3. Plank Lunge and Jump: We love a good plank because it gives your core a great workout. With this variation, not only does your core get a workout but your lower body does as well! Click here to get details on this move.
4. Sit Lunge with Twist: Your glutes, quads and core all feel the burn when you do this move. It may be something you haven't tried before, making this move ideal if your usual workout routine is starting to bore you. See how it's done here.
>> Read more: How I Break Through A Fitness Plateau
5. Curtsy Lunge and Squat: Work both your glutes and thighs with this move. If a normal squat just isn't pushing you anymore, a squat variation is a great idea — and this one will work those tricky-to-target muscles. See how it's done here.
6. Bosu Lunges: If you don't have a Bosu Ball yet, it's time to buy one! There are so many effective moves you can do with them, including this lunge! It works your legs in a whole new way. Get the instructions on the move here.
7. Gliding Reverse Lunge: This move is great for working your glutes and hamstrings, but it's also an awesome way to target your abs! This is a challenging move, but you'll love the burn! Check it out here.
8. Alternating Side Lunge: A side lunge is an effective way to work your muscles in a new way. This move works your glues and abductors, helping you to tone and tighten your lower body! Click here for step-by-step instructions.
9. Three-Way Lunge: Work your legs with this lunge variation! You'll feel the burn and love the soreness the next day. If you want to get skinny jean ready, this is a great addition to your workout. See the move here.
10. Lunge with Bicep Curl: This lunge is a great way to work it all. With your quads, hamstrings and glutes engaged, this lunge does it all! To learn to perform this move, click here.
11. Kettlebell Lunge Press: This is a total-body move! It's one you'll definitely want to remember next time you bust out your kettlebells. It can work both your upper and lower body. See details here.
12. Kettlebell Pass-Through Lunges: This move is great for your arms, working your triceps and shoulders. But it's also a great lower body workout, working your quads and glutes. See the instructions here.
13. Side Lunge with Lateral Lift: Ready to work it? This side lunge is great for your quads, hamstrings, hip flexors and glutes. It's great to work your lower body and hit areas that can be tricky to work. Get more info here.
14. Intensified Lunges: We use a foam roller to make your typical lunge a bit more challenging! It will work your abs, glutes and quads in a whole new way. Plus, a foam roller is a great way to relax muscles. Learn the intensified lunge here.
15. Walking Lunges with Dumbbells: This move is simple but effective. We added the dumbbells so you can make it a little more challenging as you workout! To get full move details, click here.
16. Reverse Lunge Twist with Weighted Ball: This is move makes a great addition to you workout because it's a total-body move. You can work both your lower and upper body, making this a power move! Check it out here.
17. Resistance Band Lunge and Twist: Get in a great booty workout with this move! It's perfect for working your curves because it tones not just the glutes, but your chest too! See how it's done by clicking here.