No one becomes a yogi overnight. In fact, yoga takes a lot of time and practice, but it's worth it. Here are nine different yoga poses for someone who is ready to take their yoga practice to the next level! Check them out and get started today.
1. Eka Pada Koundinyasana 1: This is an advanced move, but it's great for your shoulders and core. When trying this move, make sure you follow instructions carefully. Watch Real Mom Model Jean in the video below, where she performs this pose at 10:45, or read step-by-step instructions here.
2. Three Legged Knee Twist: This move targets your core, triceps and shoulders. It is a great stretch that you can feel throughout your entire body. Click here to learn more about the move.
3. Locust: Locust is a total body move. The move appears simple, but takes more work than you might realize. Take it slowly and follow our step-by-step instructions.
4. Camel: Camel is a great way to stretch out your lower back. This move opens up your chest and shoulders while you get in a good stretch. Watch Real Mom Model Jean perform the move and read more about it here.
5. Eight-Angled Pose: Use your core, triceps and shoulders when you properly execute this pose. It is a complicated pose to prefect, but you'll love the challenge that it offers. Click here to get the steps.
6. Bakasana Crane Pose: Don't be intimidated by this arm balance. While it may take some time to prefect, it's well worth the work! Watch it below or click here to learn how it's done.
7. One Legged King Pigeon: This is another advanced move that you'll love. After you prefect this, you'll have a great sense of accomplishment. Read step-by-step instructions and refer to the first video, where Real Mom Model Jean performs the One Legged King Pigeon at 14:30.
8. Reclined Hero's Pose: Stretch out those quadriceps with this reclining move. If you have knee issues, be sure to look for the modified version in the video and read more here.
9. Peacock Pose: You'll get some air with this pose! It's a great pose to work towards. You'll love feeling the strength in your body as you hold yourself up in a balance. Click here to read instructions on this move.