It seems like there are millions of fitness moves out there for developing strong, sexy muscles — but which are we supposed to do? Women's Health talked to five trainers and got the best move for sexy stems.
1. Band Side Leg Raise
- The trainer: David Jack, a fitness expert and certified strength and conditioning specialist
- Why this move kicks butt: This exercise may be small, but it's super-effective at targeting your inner thighs, says Jack. Plus, you'll get a bit of a core workout because those muscles are engaged to counter the movement of your legs.
- How to do it: Lie on your left side on the floor. Loop a mini-band around both ankles. Rest your had on your left arm, and brace your right hand on the floor in front of your chest. (A). Without moving any other part of your body, raise your right leg as high as you can (B). Pause, then return to the starting position. Click here to see the move in our fitness index.
2. Goblet Squats
- The trainer: Craig Ballantyne, a certified trainer and author of "Turbulence Training"
- Why this move kicks butt: "These work every muscle of the lower body," he says. "To target your inner thighs even more, just take a wider stance."
- How to do it: Hold a dumbbell vertically next to your chest, with both hands cupping the dumbbell head (A). Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees (B). Pause, then push yourself back to the starting position. Click here to see more about the move!
3. Lateral Lunge
- The trainer: Strength and conditioning coach Mike Boyle, owner of Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning in Woburn, Massachusetts
- Why this move kicks butt: The lateral lunge targets your adductors, or your inner thighs, with the side-to-side movement, says Boyle. Bonus: It's great for quads and glutes, too.
- How to do it: Place your hands on your hips, pull your shoulders back, and stand as tall as you can (A). Lift your left foot, and take a big step to your left as you push your hips backward and lower your body by dropping your hips and bending your left knee (B). Pause, then quickly push yourself back to the starting position. Click here to learn more!
>> Read more: Get Long, Lean Legs: 4 Thigh-Thinning Workouts [VIDEO]: