2015 is at its end and a new year is poised to begin. To get yourself in the right mindset, there are a few things you'll want to check off your final to-do list! After completing all of these, you'll be ready to revamp your healthy lifestyle for 2016.
1. Clean your fitness equipment. How long has it been since you gave your dusty dumbbells a good wipe down? Rid your equipment of sweat and grime so it's ready for use in 2016.
2. Buy some new shoes. If you're going to be hitting the pavement in 2016, you'll want to make sure your running shoes are up to par. If spinning will be your new thing, invest in a reliable pair of spinning shoes! Whatever you do, make your feet will be supported!
3. Toss out your old sports bras. How do you know when it's time to get rid of a bra? If you're asking the question, the time is now. Buy a bra that supports your girls so you're not being held back.
4. Throw out junk food. Come January 1st, you won't need the temptation of potato chips in your pantry. Either give it away to your holiday guests or put it straight into the trash.
5. Clean our your workout playlist. There's nothing more annoying than pausing a workout to skip a song you're tired of hearing. Go through your workout playlist and delete the songs that no longer pump you up. Then, add in some new ones! If you need ideas, you can check out a Skinny Mom playlist.
6. Get inspired. You don't want to end the year on a sour note. Maybe it wasn't as successful as you expected. That's okay! You've got another year to try again. Read stories of other women's weight loss successes to get yourself pumped up.
7. Compare your photos. How different do you look from 2014 to 2015? Have you lost some of the weight around your face? Maybe your increased water intake is improving your skin? See how far you've come in the last year and then double it for the next!
8. Invest in some nice fitness attire. Your baggy t-shirts will just stick to your sweaty body and make you feel uncomfortable. Invest in fitness apparel that makes you feel comfortable and will aid you in your workout. You can find great gear at a good price at Old Navy, TJ Maxx, or from many online retailers. Click here to go shopping!
9. Renew or sign up for a gym membership. If you're ready to get serious about getting fit, you may want to consider joining a gym. There are usually great deals in January, so do your research. It's also a great idea to hire a personal trainer. If a gym just isn't in the 2016 budget, check out some of Skinny Mom's home workouts! We love this no-equipment necessary Ladder 10 Workout for a killer workout:
10. Take a look back. What did you do in 2015 that worked? What didn't work? Decide your strengths and weaknesses and use them to help you in the new year. If a strict schedule for the gym is what it takes, then set aside the time now.
11. Set goals. Whether you hang them on the fridge, your bathroom mirror or you just create a virtual note in your smartphone, setting goals are key. Make them realistic and attainable, but challenge yourself. It's a new year and a new you, so do it right! It's also a great idea to plan rewards for yourself when you hit your goals. And no — we don't mean reward yourself with a trip to the donut shop. Here are some great ideas for healthy and encouraging rewards!