How many times have you lost the weight around your midsection just to see it latch right back on once you've relaxed a little bit? To get rid of that belly fat once and for all, it might be time to check out some of these options below.
1. Check your fiber. Women should consume 25-30 grams of fiber every day. Fiber will help to relieve you of any extra air in your digestive system that causes bloating. Be careful though, too much fiber has also been known to cause a bit of pooch. Check your diet and be sure you're getting a balanced amount. Here are 15 recipes that are filled with fiber.
2. Work that core. Crunches make for a great core workout, but they don't hit all of your abdominal muscles. Try this 30/20/10 Ab Bootcamp to really tone and flatten your stomach.
3. Snack better. Snacks are not your enemy, but the unhealthy ones are. Instead of cookies, chips or crackers, grab a small handful of nuts or an apple. Here's a list of snacks for a flatter belly that will help you out!
4. Change your diet. If you want to lose weight, you have to watch your calories. It's easier said than done but the basics of weight loss require you to burn more calories than you consume. Cut out unhealthy snacks and start eating cleaner. You'll see your body change when your eating habits do.
5. Change up your cardio. Instead of going at a constant pace, try to incorporate intervals. This is a proven way to burn through fat. Next time you're on the treadmill, try speeding up in short bursts! You'll be challenging yourself and burning that stubborn fat. Learn more about interval training here.