Yoga is viewed by many as simply a way to relax and de-stress, but it can work wonders for your body too! Yoga is all about developing your inner and outer strength through a series of poses and movements that can really get your blood pumping. Most yoga positions incorporate all your muscle groups for a full-body workout that is sure to tighten and tone from head to toe! Take a look at some of our favorite poses below to learn more about what yoga could do for you.
1. Locust: This pose is a great way to strengthen your lower back muscles and glutes. Simply lay on your stomach, lace your fingers behind your back, and engage your core as you lift your torso and legs off of the floor. For more details, click here.
2. Plank: This exercise may be simple, but it's one of the most effective ones out there if you want to build up those core muscles! Click here for directions or check out some of our favorite variations here!
3. Bird Dog: Ready to target that tummy? This move will have you bikini-ready in no time! Remember to clench those abdominal muscles as you extend opposing arms and legs. To see how it's done, click here.
4. Warrior Pose: This total-body move will get you toned and tight in no time! Keep your breath slow and controlled as you hold this position, and make sure that you keep your spine nice and straight to avoid any excess strain. Click here to learn more.
5. Yoga Pushup: Turn up the heat on your traditional pushup with this calorie-torching variation! Be sure to take your time as you move through the exercise so that you can fully concentrate on engaging all those key muscles. Click here for more information.
6. Three-Legged Knee Twist: Ready to work those triceps, shoulders and abdominals? This move requires total concentration, so make sure you are maintaining your focus as you move through this exercise. Check out how it's done here.
7. One-Legged King Pigeon: Get your stretch on with this twisted challenge! This move will really concentrate on your hip flexors, glutes and chest muscles. For step-by-step directions, click here!
8. Camel: This pose is a great way to stretch and strengthen those lower back muscles. Simply rise onto your knees, and then lean backward, placing the palms of your hands on the bottoms of your feet. Click here to learn more!
9. Crescent Lunge: Prepare to lunge it out with this heated pose! We'll have those hips and thighs toned in no time with this fat-blasting exercise. Be sure to keep your spine elongated as you reach above your head. To learn more about this pose, click here!
10. Eight-Angled Pose: This one's a bit of a challenge, ladies, so be prepared to work your way up! This move targets those core muscles and upper body muscles, so be sure to check out how it's done here before you get started!