We like simple things: being curled up with a novel during a soft snowfall, apps that help your weight loss journey, and taking the kids on a fun day to the museum center. What we like even more are simple meals that taste scrumptious; coming home after a long day to the house smelling like heaven. You probably learned in college that slow cookers can be your best friend; through thick and thin, they pulled through with delicious dips and fragrant soups. Simply skim through these recipes and you'll be prepared for your next slow cooker meal!
1. Slow Cooker Apple Pulled Pork: The great thing about using a slow cooker is the time and heat: Set it on low and allow all those flavors to marry perfectly. Your pork will come out tender, juicy and utterly mouthwatering. Get the recipe here!
2. Slow Cooker Pepperoni and Chicken: The smell of pizza wafts through your kitchen, perking up the little noses of your kids and your hubby! This recipe is easily adaptable (as almost all slow cooker recipes are); throw in whatever toppings you love having on pizza, and then forget about it for hours. Click here for the recipe.
3. Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Spiral Ham: We all love that brown sugar glaze that coats the outside of a moist holiday ham. But it doesn't have to be the holidays to enjoy this recipe. Add some carrots and potatoes to soak up that extra sweet glaze.
4. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal: This recipe can be started the night before and enjoyed all morning long! Your kids will feel like they're being treated to a dessert, but they'll really be filled up with nutritious oats. Check it out here.
5. Skinny Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken: It is creamy, cheesy and gooey. Even your picky eaters could love this recipe. Serve it over wild rice and watch your loved ones go wild for this easy meal. Here it is!
6. Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken: Goodness, this recipe is so tangy and savory. Talk about easy: There are only five different ingredients, and all you do is dump it all in. Eat it on its own (we know you've been stealing bites right from the pot) or put it in a taco shell. Click here for more details.
If you don't see a recipe here that's calling out to you, make your own! Throw some whole-wheat pasta in the slow cooker and make your own lasagna, or throw in some sweet potatoes and make a mash. The possibilities are endless when the slow cooker does all the work for you.