There are a few days of the year where we all go a little food crazy, like Thanksgiving and Super Bowl Sunday. When you gather around a living room, there will be a lot of tempting foods. Start out by bringing one of these skinny game day appetizers and then be on the lookout for these 6 foods.
1. Chips: Potato chips are always a no-no, thanks to their fat, calories and salt. Adding a dip only makes this snack more unhealthy. Instead, try dipping carrots or another veggie into hummus or make some Skinny Sweet Potato Chips to help satisfy your need to crunch.
2. Dips: From a creamy artichoke to a calorie-packed layered appetizer, dips are a great way to ensure you're eating far too many calories for the day. Why? It's not easy to have just one scoop of a dip! Soon you'll find that you've been mindlessly dipping while watching the game. Save yourself the calories by bringing our Skinny Spinach and Artichoke dip (78 calories per serving) or one of our other fabulous (and skinny) dips.
3. Beer: Beer is a staple on Super Bowl Sunday. We aren't saying to skip it entirely, but we do think you should chose wisely! You can still find great beer options with fewer calories. Here are the 20 best tasting beers under 160 calories.
4. Wings: Wings are tasty and a good source of protein and are low in carbs... unfortunately they are also a good source of fat and cholesterol. Add some unhealthy ranch dipping sauce and you're looking at a huge plate of calories. If you don't want to give up your wings, you can serve up our lighter recipe! You can enjoy 6 wings for LESS than 200 calories. You're welcome!
5. Pizza: If your friends aren't big on cooking, there's a good chance there will be a delivery man stopping by! Unfortunately the Meat Lovers special isn't going to help out the waistline that you've been working on diminishing. Still the pizza and try to snack on the veggie tray instead. If you think you'll be too tempted, cut a slice in half for portion control or bring these seriously tasty Cauliflower Pizza Bites.
6. Nachos: Nacho are a big pile of calories. From the cheese to the chips and all of the fatty goodness in between, this appetizer is not diet-friendly. If you want to enjoy the nachos, try choosing a chip from the bottom where less of the toppings have touched to save calories. For a healthier alternative that's just as tasty, try these amazing Peanut Butter Apple Nachos.