Weight loss is a journey. It requires a change in your eating habits as well as your physical habits. Many people, however, do not want to put in the time and effort into a lifestyle change and will try just about anything to shed pounds. So what are some of the most ridiculous fad diets out there? We'll tell you!
1. Plastic Tongue Patch: For around $2,000 you can be the proud new owner of a tongue patch. It's a small square patch of plastic that gets sewn onto your tongue, As a result, eating solid food is extremely painful, causing you to take on a liquid diet. This form of plastic surgery hasn't been approved by the FDA, shockingly. Click here to see it, if you dare.
2. Laxatives: Laxatives are meant to unstop you when things get blocked, but taking them when they aren't necessary will guarantee you a couple extra trips to the bathroom. There's also a good chance you'll experience diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, rectal bleeding and more.
3. Waist trainers: A corset-like piece, a waist trainer will help reshape your body after wearing it long enough. Made popular by Jessica Alba and Khloe Kardashian, this has become a new and popular trend. So should you do it? We think not. Squishing your lungs and ribs makes breathing hard, but it can also damage your organs. Learn more about waist trainers here.
4. Tapeworms: It's illegal to purchase tape worms in the United States, but many people still try to seek them out to help them lose weight. However, a tapeworm is a terrible idea. Introducing this parasite into your system can disrupt the function of your organs, cause brain damage, hurt your nervous system and could lead to death if not treated.
5. Smoking: We all know the dangers in smoking. It can cause a myriad of health issues and leave you with an expensive and unpleasant habit. However, many women pick up smoking because it also curbs your appetite, dulls taste buds and can lead to weight loss. We think this is a big no-no when it comes to losing weight — because losing a lung is not the way to shed pounds.
Have you heard of any other crazy methods of weight loss? Share in the comments below!