When you're on the treadmill or 20 minutes into a Zumba class, you don't want to be interrupted by an uncomfortable pinch in your shoes or hair falling in your face. Before your next workout, make sure you have these six fitness staples.
1. A great water bottle: Hydrating is essential to any workout. Without enough water in your system you can't expect your body to perform at its highest capacity. Get yourself a reusable water bottle that can easily be opened during a run on the treadmill but won't spill when it's rolling around the floor of your mini van. Here are some awesome options!
2. The right shoes: If you want a successful workout, start with your base. Depending on your workout, the type of shoe you need can vary. A shoe for trail running is far different than shoes for your spinning class. Don't worry, we've got great shoes for every type of workout.
3. A sports bra you can count on: Whether treadmill, Zumba or yoga, your workout will be hindered by uncomfortable bouncing boobies. The good news is that there are amazing sports bras out on the market; have you found the right one for you yet? It's time to evaluate if your sports bras are supporting you the way they should, because an ill-fitting bra can be bad for your health.
4. Good equipment: If you're working out from home, you may find yourself a little limited. While not every house has the space for a home gym, you should still invest in high-quality essentials. We recomend keeping a light and heavy set of dumbbells, a resistance band and a few kettlebells in the house. If you've got the room, a BOSU ball is another great piece of equipment. For our full list of home gym faves, click here.
5. The perfect gym bag: There's nothing worse than getting to the gym and realizing you forgot socks. When you have the perfect gym bag, you won't need to worry about throwing things into the trunk of the mini van and hoping you can find them again when you finally have time to get to the gym. Find your perfect gym bag here so you can get organized.
6. Reliable hair accessories. Hair in your face is a great was to ensure a frustrating workout. Make sure you keep an extra hair tie in your gym bag in case yours breaks. It's also smart to keep a few cute headbands on hand for bang emergencies.