These crazy, high-powered moves will show you how to get a better butt in no time! Take your time moving through the exercises, and make sure you are maintaining proper form throughout.
>> More exercises to work your butt: Get Down To Squat: Glute Activation Series
1. Glute Bridge: This basic move is the perfect go-to if you want to tone and tighten your glutes. Plus, it also works those core muscles. Begin on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Slowly push up, driving your hips toward the ceiling. Engage your core as you hold, and then slowly lower yourself back to the floor. Click here for more information.
2. Squat Jump: Looking for a squat variation that will have you hopping? This plyometric exercise is great for your glutes, thighs, and hamstrings! Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms straight out in front of you. Slowly sink into your squat, making sure that you don't roll forward onto your toes. Push through your heels as you jump into the air. Try to land as softly as possible back in your squat. See how it's done here.
3. Three-Way Lunge: Get that heart pumping with this lunge variation! Lunge forward, to the side, and backward, making sure you return to a standing position between each lunge. You can keep your hands on your hips or by your side to maintain your balance. Keep your gaze ahead of you and your back straight as you step into position! Check out all the directions here.
4. Weighted Donkey Kick: Begin on all fours and tuck a dumbbell into the crease behind one of your knees. Flex your foot and squeeze your calf in order to keep the dumbbell in place. Press the flexed foot upwards, as if you're trying to step on on the ceiling. You want to aim to get your thigh parallel to the floor. Slowly return to your beginning position and start again! See how it's done here.
5. Runner's Lunge Dips: These are perfect, even if running isn't your thing! Begin in a runner's lunge, with your front knee bent over your ankle. Straighten your back leg as much as you can behind you. Keep your chest and back straight as you dip your back knee down towards the ground, and then slowly push yourself back up to the starting position. Click here to learn more!
6. Reverse Flutter Kicks: Start off on your stomach with your chin resting on folded arms. Squeeze those glutes and slowly lift your legs up until only your thighs are still on the floor. Lift one leg higher than the other, doing your best to lift that thigh off the ground. Lower it back to the starting position, and switch legs! Check out more instructions here.
7. Booty Rainbow: This magical move will lift and strengthen those glutes and tone your tush in no time! Begin on your hands and knees, with a straight spine and your eyes on the ground in front of you. Carefully bring one leg out to the side, keeping your foot on the ground. Lift the leg off the floor and extend it straight behind you. Finally, bring the leg back down and cross it over your opposite leg. Reverse the movement, and switch legs! Want to see how it's done? Click here!
8. Single Leg Frog Lift: Begin by lying on the floor with your chin on your hands and your legs stretched out behind you. Bend one leg so that your knee is pointed outwards and your foot is resting on the back of your other knee. Squeeze your glutes and try to lift your bent knee off of the floor a couple inches. For more information, click here.
9. Leg Lift Tap: This popular Pilates move will help you sculpt that beach bum before summer hits. Lie on your side and place one hand in front of you for balance. Make sure that your legs form a straight line from your shoulders and hips. Lift your top leg as high as you can without letting your hips roll forward or backward. Bring the same leg forward and tap your toes on the floor in front of you. Lift and repeat! Check out the instructions here.
10. Sweeping Skaters: Begin by standing straight. Cross one leg in front of you and carefully drop into a lunge. Reach the opposite arm down to floor and let your chest follow, but keep your back as straight as possible. Jump back up and bring your arms over your head in a circle. Cross the opposite leg in front of you and drop back down into a lunge. Check out the details here!