Are you trying to blast through those extra pounds? It can be super frustrating when it takes so much time, sweat and effort to lose just one or two pounds. The key to burning fat (and losing weight) is through cardio and also by increasing the number of days per week that you work out. Sticking to full-body workouts is best because it isn't really possible to burn fat on specific zones of your body; you have to burn it all equally. That's why we've put together this fat-burning workout to make you smile next time you step on that scale!
1. Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks are a classic exercise to get your heart rate up and blood flowing. Do as many as you can for 60 seconds. Here's how to do them.
2. Reverse Plank: You'll especially feel this move in your abs, but it will test your arms, legs and balance as well. Try to hold this for a full minute! Click here for instructions on how to do a reverse plank or try it with a raised leg for an added challenge, shown in the video below!
3. Mountain Climber: Gotta keep that heart rate up! Plunge your knees directly beneath your abdominal for best results. If your shirt isn't fitted, sometimes you gotta tuck it into your shorts for this move! Here's how to do mountain climbers.
4. Standing Dumbbell Upright Row: Keep the fat cells at bay with this move! You'll feel the burn in your shoulders, biceps and triceps. Here's how to do it.
5. Burpee: The more you do this challenging move, the easier it will become. Watch the video below, then learn how to do it here.
6. Reverse Lunge with Press: This move will keep your arms toned and tight. Here's how to do it.
7. Plank Jacks: Last but not least, plank jacks! They will work your entire body and you will practically be able to feel those fat cells dripping off your body! Click here for instructions.
Don't forget to warm up and cool down before and after every workout! Unless otherwise specified, try to do 12 to 15 reps of each move before moving on. If you can, repeat the sequence three times with a minute or two's worth of rest in between. Do this workout 3-4 times a week, depending on your fitness level.
Don't forget about cooling down and stretching! Both are as vital to a workout as the moves above.