Whether your knees are acting up or you just need a small break from all the HIIT training, this low-impact lower body workout is sure to burn fat and calories without too much stress. We've included modifiers for some of the tougher moves so you can adjust until you're comfortable.
For this routine, complete each move as many times as possible in one minute. Repeat the sequence four times through.
1. Single Leg Plank: With abs engaged, this move will work your core and glutes! For full instructions, click here.
2. Fire Hydrant: This move will really work your booty! Be sure you are using the correct form. Get the full instructions here!
3. Crossover Step-Up: Even if you don't have this equipment at home, you can use any step! Click here for the full instructions.
4. Glute Kick-Out on Bosu: This low-impact exercise is a great move for toning your glutes and thighs. For more info, click here!
5. Walking Lunge with Dumbbell: This is a great move to do at home, and if you need a little break, you can ditch the dumbbells! For a full description, click here.
6. Crossover Lunge: When doing this version of the classic lunge, it's important to keep your knee behind your toes! Click here to get step-by-step instructions.
7. Reverse Lunge with Front Kick: Keep your abs tight as you perform this exercise. It'll help to keep the proper form as well as engage your core while you work your lower body. For details on this move, click here.
You should be feeling it in your legs by now — but only the good kind of sore! If you want extra lower body workouts and more, check out the Skinny Mom fitness index.