The best way to trim both the inner and outer thighs comes through a combination of strengthening muscles and burning through the fat pockets that are covering them up. With this circuit, you will do a burst of cardio that relies heavily on those muscles, followed by a strengthening move. Do all of the exercises below in order with very little rest between them until after the Heisman. Rest for about a minute before beginning the circuit again. Repeat the circuit a third time and feel the burn! You'll be saying "bye bye thighs" by the end of this!
1. Skaters: For skaters, you'll need to channel your inner Apollo Ohno. Start by leaping sideways, letting your inside leg slide as far behind your outside one as you can. Do this back and forth as quick as you can for 45 seconds. Click here for more instructions.
2. Weighted Plié Squats: Start with your feet much wider than shoulder-width apart, toes pointed outward. Dangling either a heavy dumbbell, medicine ball or kettlebell with both hands, slowly drop straight down into a squat (thighs parallel to the floor and knees not going wider than your toes) and then powerfully return to the starting position. Click here to learn more.
3. Power Squats: Start in squat position. Use your legs to power you straight up into the air, then land softly back in starting position. Jump quickly and powerfully for 45 seconds. Learn more here.
4. Box Jumps: For this, you will need either an exercise step or a low box at your gym. Stand in front of your box with your feet hip-width apart and your hands at your side. Feet move together, first up then over. Squeeze the lower abs to help pull your lower body up while propelling yourself with the arms. Land both feet at the same time, hip-distance apart with soft knees. Then stand up straight and step down one foot at a time, returning to your starting point. Jump 12 times total. Click here to learn more.
5. Heisman: For this last burst of cardio, start in a standing position with your knees slightly bent. Lift your bent right leg up. Quickly hop to the right, while lifting your bent left knee up to hip height. Hop to the left, lifting your right knee to hip height. Repeat! Continue for 45 seconds. Click here for more info.
After three sets of this circuit, your legs will burn and you will feel exhausted. Just remember, burn and exhaustion are what stems change! Do this workout two to three times per week depending on your fitness level to see results! You have all the moves necessary to slim your inner thighs, now run with it!