The muffin top is one of the trickiest spots to target in your workout. It's also one of the most frustrating places to have weight because it's so hard to hide! There's nothing worse than buttoning your pants and seeing a roll spill over the waistband. That's why we're here to help you melt your muffin top with these 16 moves. Pair it with a healthy diet of muffin top-fighting foods, and you'll be on your way to your six pack in just a matter of weeks.
1. Corkscrew Pushup: Pushups are a great exercise, especially when you keep that abdomen engaged. This variation is great for targeting that trouble spot! Click here for the full instructions.
2. Side Pushup: Another great pushup variation, doing this on your side will really help to hit the muffin top. Be sure you are focusing on proper form! For details on this move, click here.
3. Stability Ball V-Pass: You will really feel this move in your core! It's a great way to focus on your abs and target tricky spots. Click here for more information on the V-Pass.
4. Ab Cyclone: Get you core rocking with this move! This rotation of the legs will target every aspect of your midsection to eliminate that bulge that you hate! Click here to get the step-by-step instructions of this move.
5. Kneeling Side Crunch: This is a great move to help keep your core in check. It works muscles that often don't get the attention they need! To get step-by-step instructions, click here.
6. Crazy Ivan: This move is great because you have to use your core to keep your legs up and to keep yourself balanced. Plus the twisting motion makes this great for your side abdominals. For more info, click here.
7. Side Crunch: Crunches are great but by adding this into your ab routine, you'll be able to target more than what an average crunch can! Click here to learn more about the side crunch.
8. Wood Chopper with Medicine Ball: Using a medicine ball is a great way to amp up any workout! By keeping your abs engaged, this will really work those sides! Click here to get more details.
9. Plank Tuck Twist: Using a stability ball in this plank will not only rock your core muscles, but also test your balance! Be sure that you are performing this move properly. Click here to get details on this move.
10. Side to Side Speed Plank: This is another great plank variation that will help to target your tricky area. Keeping yourself in the proper position while moving quickly will help to work those muscles on your sides. Click here to learn more.
11. Hip Twister Planks: Moving your hips while holding yourself in plank position, will produce amazing results fast! To learn how to perform this plank properly, click here.
12. Reptile Plank: Planks are great for an all over workout, and this variation will really help to target that mommy muffin. For step-by-step instructions, click here.
13. Side Star Plank: Doing this side plank will engage your core at a whole new level, especially while you keep that leg elevated. Click here for more info.
14. Side Plank Super Crunch: Crunches… great for your core, and great to get rid of your muffin top. Planks… good for your core. Plank crunches? Bye-bye mommy muffin. Get the details on this move here.
15. Side Plank Dips: This move will really focus on your sides and help to eliminate the bulge. If you liked all of these plank moves, download our plank guide for free! To get more info on this move, click here.
16. Weighted Standing Crunch: Lastly, this standing crunch will tear right through that muffin top. Performing this move with engaged abs, will allow you to really feel it in your sides! Find out more by clicking here.
If you liked these moves, check out our fitness index for more routines to help you stay fit!