Trying to get rid of the extra padding around your butt and quads? Saddlebags are extremely hard to eliminate, but a healthy diet and a good fitness routine could do the trick! Check out the video above, or the six saddlebag shavers below.
1. Waist Trimmer: Have a seat on the ground, crossing your right leg in front of you and your left leg behind you. Both knees should be bent. Your hands should be firmly planted on the floor in front of you.
- Lower your hips and shift your weight to your right leg, slightly leaning forward with your upper body.
- Lift your left leg up, and pulse it up and down. Do not let your knee or foot hit the floor. Be sure to keep your chest lifted.
- Do as many mini-raises as you can in 30 seconds, then switch legs and repeat for another 30 seconds.
2. Kneeling Glute Lifts: Kneel with your knees hip-width apart and hold onto the back of a chair. Tighten your abs and tuck your pelvis.
- Slide your left foot back and lift the knee and toes off the floor.
- Press straight back with your foot (keeping your knee bent) for 20 reps.
- Keeping your knee behind your hip, turn the leg out slightly so your toe is at 8 o'clock. Lift toes for 20 reps.
- Rotate thigh out and press your foot back for 20 reps.
- Lift the leg diagonally to the side for 20 reps. Switch legs; repeat series. (via Health)
3. Inner Thigh Lifts: Lying on your side, straighten your bottom leg and cross your top leg over, resting either your top knee or the top of your foot on the floor. Prop your head up with your hand, or rest your head on your arm. You can do any or all of the exercises listed below for a fantastic inner thigh series. Click here to see it in our fitness index.
- Straight-up lifts: As you exhale, lift your bottom leg, and inhale as you lower it back down without letting it touch the floor. Your torso should stay still while you do this. This counts as one rep. Perform 15 reps.
- Tiny pulses: As you exhale, lift your bottom leg up, keep it in the air, and pulse 10 times. Then lower the bottom leg to your mat.
- Small circles: Exhale, lift your bottom leg, and keep it in the air. Begin to draw tiny, controlled circles forward, and be sure your torso remains on the ground. Circle 10 times forward, then 10 times backward. Lower your leg to the ground.
- Go halfway: As you exhale, lift your bottom leg halfway up, and pause on your inhale. On your exhale, lift your bottom leg all the way up, and pause your inhale. Then lower halfway down, and pause before lowering your leg all the way down to the ground. This completes one rep. Perform 15 reps.
>> Read more: 20 Hot Moves for Sexy Thighs
4. Step-Ups: Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at your sides. Stand in front of a bench or step, and place your right foot firmly on the step. Your foot should be flat on the step.
- Press your right heel into the step and shoot your body up until your right leg is straight. Do not bring the left foot to the step, let it hover just behind the step. You should be standing on your right leg alone.
- Lower your body back down until your left foot touches the floor. That’s one rep. Do as many as step-ups as you can in 60 seconds. Switch legs after every set.
5. Cross-Legged Squats: With feet parallel, cross your legs diagonally so that the back of your front leg and front of your back leg are touching. Your front foot should be about one foot in front of your back foot. (via Lauren Kern Fitness)
- Bend both knees until the front kneecap is just over the front toes and the back kneecap is just about 1 inch above the floor. The back kneecap should land just outside the front ankle.
- Try to keep the hips as straight-forward as possible.
- Pushing through the outer gluts, return to standing position while trying to keep the hips pointed straight ahead.
- Switch legs and repeat.
6. Frog Lifts: Lie flat on your stomach, palms crossed in front of you, elbows wide. (via Samantha Busch Fitness)
- Bend your knees so your feet go towards the ceiling and place your heels and toes together with toes facing up.
- Lift your knees off of the ground using your glute muscles while keeping your feet together and toes towards the ceiling.
- Slowly lower your thighs back down and then repeat for 20 reps.
Modification: Add a dumbbell or Pilates ball between your feet.
What is your favorite saddlebag shaver routine? Share with us in the comments below.
>> Read more: Bye-Bye Saddlebags Routine