Need a good workout, but don't know where to start? Try today's fit challenge. We've compiled seven amazing workout moves for you to complete, with step-by-step instructions. Once you've completed all seven exercises, repeat the challenge two more times. You no longer have an excuse to skip your workout—now get moving!
10 Jump Squats: You'll feel the burn in your gluten and quads almost immediately, we promise!
- To perform this plyometric exercise, first stand with the feet slightly outside the shoulders (wherever your squat stance is) and drop the hips backward and down. Send the arms straight out in front of you to help the chest stay lifted. Double check your knee position – make sure they’re staying behind your toes.
- Push through your heels to drive out of the squat. Roll through the foot to lift into your jump, bringing the arms overhead to help propel you upward. Land softly and quietly with bent knees. If you can go right back into your squat, do it! Otherwise, take the soft-knee landing and reset for the next squat.
20 Pushups: Don't shy away from this workout move because it does amazing things to your biceps and triceps!
- Assume plank position, with your arms shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor.
10 Alternating Lunges: Use light hand weights to add intensity and a challenge to this workout. If lunges weren't difficult before, they certainly are now!
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at your sides, palms facing in. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Brace your core and step back with your left leg and slowly lower your body until your front knee is bent at least 90 degrees.
- Your rear knee should nearly touch the floor. Press yourself back up and repeat steps with your right leg. Continue to alternate legs.
20 Mountain Climbers: This core and glue workout is an awesome move to add to your arsenal if you're looking to drop the pounds.
- Begin in high plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders. Your body should be in a straight, diagonal line from your head to your heels.
- With your core engaged, bring your right knee forward under your chest, with the toes just off the ground. Return to your basic plank. Switch legs, bringing the left knee forward. Keep alternating legs and pick up the pace until it feels a little like running in place in a plank position.
10 Side Lunges: This move is both satisfying and challenging—all at the same time!
- Begin standing with feet shoulder-width apart with a slight bend in your knees, palms facing down on the tops of your thighs, grasping a dumbbell in each hand.
- Next, step your left leg into a side lunge, while simultaneously pulling your hands up your body until your elbows are even with your shoulders.
- Lower your arms and return to your starting position. That’s one rep. Perform all your reps, then, switch sides and repeat.
20 Reverse Crunches: This ab blasting workout is one of the best and most effective you'll do!
Lie with your back on the floor and with your palms facing down. Bend your knees in towards your chest.
- Raise your hips off the floor and crunch your knees inward. Reach towards the ceiling with your toes.
- Pause, then slowly lower your legs and roll your back down until you are back in the starting position. Use your core muscles to lift; avoid rocking back and forth. Repeat this as many times as you can in 60 seconds.
10 Burpees: This might not be your favorite workout, but you know it's amazing for your muscles.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms by your sides.
- Bend your knees and squat down, placing your hands firmly on the floor.
- Jump your feet back to come into a high plank with straight arms and legs.
- Jump both feet forward to your hands.
- From your crouching position, jump up with hands above your head. That is one rep. Repeat for the allotted time.