Instead of weighing yourself down with a collection of resistance bands, dumbbells, barbells and more, why not just grab one of our favorite exercise enhancers: the kettlebell! The following full-body workout will work wonders on those trouble spots. The best part? This workout is only 20 minutes long, so you should have no trouble squeezing it into your busy schedule!
>> Read more: Killer Kettlebells: Full-Body Muscle Toner
1. Kettlebell Pushup: Crank up the heat with this upper-body move that is sure to kickstart those muscles! Move slowly through the exercise for maximum results. Complete three sets of 10 reps, resting for 20 seconds in between. Click here to learn more.
2. Kettlebell Sit-Up and Press: Target your six-pack with this fat-torcher! Be sure to engage your core muscles as you crunch and lift the kettlebell over your head. Move through the exercise for 30 seconds and then rest for 30 seconds. Repeat three times! Check out how it’s done here.
3. Kettlebell Goblet Squat: If you are looking to tone up your tush and your thighs, then give this move a shot! Keep your back straight as you sit into your squat and drop the kettlebell towards the floor. Try to complete three sets of 10-12 reps each! Allow yourself 30 seconds rest between each set. Click here to see the instructions.
4. Kettlebell Floor Press: Ready to engage those biceps and chest muscles? Lie on your back and slowly propel the kettlebell into the air until your arm is straight. Carefully bend your arm as you lower it back to the ground. Repeat three sets of 12-15 reps, and take 20 to 30 seconds rest in between each set. For more detailed directions, click here.
5. Kettlebell Deadlift: Nothing builds those hamstring muscles like a good old-fashioned deadlift! Be sure to lead with your hips and thrust through your legs as you lift the kettlebell! Shoot for three sets of 10 reps, and give yourself 30 seconds of rest in between each set. Click here for step-by-step directions.
6. Lateral Kettlebell Swing: For a total-body workout that is sure to shred through those unwanted pounds, give this exercise a shot! Be sure to keep your back correctly aligned as you swing your arms forward. Repeat 12 reps three times, taking 20 seconds rest in between each set. Check out more details here.
7. Kettlebell Turkish Get-ups: This final move will really get your heart pumping! Start on the ground with the kettlebell held straight up in the air above you. Bend your knees and slowly rise to your feet, keeping the kettlebell suspended above you. Repeat this exercise as many times as possible for 30 seconds, and then take a 30-second break. Repeat three times! Click here to see how it’s done.
>> Looking for more moves to add to your routine? Check out this Kettlebell HIIT Workout video:
Like any workout, remember to take the time to complete a quick warm-up and cool down to loosen up those muscles! Getting your body moving and stretching before and after you complete this workout will help you avoid serious injuries.