A muffin top is good to eat, but not as fun to have on your body. But fear not — you can whittle those waists with some carefully executed exercises that target those obliques and have you loving your clothes once again. It's time to melt our muffin tops!
1. Weighted Standing Side Crunch: Grab a dumbbell and get going! This move targets your obliques to slim your sides! Click here to get details on the move.
2. Side Star Plank: We love any new twist on a classic plant and this Side Star Plank is no exception! You'll love the new way you can work your core. This is one of the best oblique exercises for women! Click here to see how it's done.
3. Spiderwoman Pushups: You start out this move like you would a standard pushup. It's got an extra step however, allowing you to get in an extra oblique workout. To get step-by-step instructions, click here.
4. Side Plank Super Crunch: Want to get rid of your muffin top? This move does a great job of targeting the sides of your core! You'll love the oblique workout and variety this move offers. See it done here.
5. Side Plank Toe Touch: This is a total body move that will change up any boring workout routine. Add it to your usual workout to work your muscles in a new way. To get step-by-step instructions, click here.
6. Side Plank Hip Dips: If your muffin top is your trouble zone, consider including this move into your workout routine. Get details on the move here.
7. Spider Plank: Different than the spiderwoman pushup, you will feel this in your obliques. Click here to check it out!
8. Side to Side Speed Plank: This is a total body move that will tone your from head to toe, but will also get your heart rate up! It's excellent for any workout routine, whether at home or in the gym. For more details on the move, click here.
9. Hip Twister Planks: Get into forearm plank position. Keeping your abs in tight and your shoulders above your elbows, rotate your torso as you drop your left hip to the ground. In a controlled motion, rotate your torso to the opposite side, dropping your right hip to the floor. In between rotations, stop in the middle to get control of your balance if necessary. Click here for more details.
10. Wood Chopper: You can work your shoulders as well as your core with this move! All you need is a medicine ball to get your workout in. For further instruction, click here.
11. Side Crunch: The side crunch specifically works your abs and obliques. You'll love the burn you'll feel from this move. Check it out!
12. Crazy Ivan: Also known as a Russian Twist, this move it great for anyone who wants to trim their core. See it done here!
These exercises will attack your obliques furiously and effectively. Soon the only muffin top you will enjoy is the low-fat, healthy one you find from one of Skinny Mom’s delicious recipes!