So you want toned arms? You’ll have to work them hard — biceps, triceps and shoulders. All you need to turn those arms into sculpted works of art is a pair of free weights. Not quite sure what to do? Well, here are 17 free weight exercises that will tone your arms in no time. Combine these exercises with a healthy diet and detox water for success.
1. Hammer Curl: This exercise is great if you're looking to add a little bump to your bicep! Click here to see how it's done.
2. Concentration Curl on Stability Ball: If multitasking comes naturally to you, you'll love this combination of biceps and core stability! Check out how to do this move here.
3. Bicep Curl: Don't let the simplicity of this exercise fool you — it's still going to make those biceps burn! Watch the video below or click here for further instructions.
4. Crossover Hammer Curl: This great alternative to your average Joe hammer curl is sure to hit some of those hard-to-reach places. Click here to see how it's done!
5. Reverse Bicep Curl: In just one exercise you can tone the back of your biceps and your forearms! You may need to swap out for some slightly lighter dumbbells during this move! Click here for more instructions.
6. Horizontal Bicep Curl: This move will really work your biceps, as long as you make sure to keep your upper arms straight and bend from the elbow. To see how it's done, click here.
7. Overhead Triceps Extension on Stability Ball: This exercise engages your core and your triceps! Just make sure you keep your elbows pointed at the ceiling. For further directions, click here.
8. Triceps Kickback: Make sure you keep your eyes forward and your back straight as you move your arms! You'll really be able to feel the burn with this move. To check your form click here!
9. Kneeling Triceps Extension: In order to crank up the heat, make sure that you keep your arm straight as you extend! For some more helpful hints, click here.
10. Horizontal In-And-Outs: You will feel the burn in your triceps after just a few reps with the horizontal in-and-outs, but the burn means it's working! Keep it up! Click here for further directions.
11. Triceps Extensions: Keep your elbows close to your ears throughout this exercise to enhance your posture! For more information click here.
12. Pushup with Triceps Extension: Ready to crank up the heat? This compound move will have you sweating in no time! Just click here for the full instructions.
13. Cheer Press: This move will pump up your energy and your heart rate! Make sure you start out with a light weight until you feel comfortable with the posture. Click here for more details.
14. Front & Side Raise Combo: This move will really sculpt and mold those shoulders! Make sure your arms are extended as straight as possible for the best results. Click here for full directions.
15. Side Fly Extension: Looking for a move that will really make the top of your shoulders burn? Well look no further! This exercise is perfect for you. Click here for a full description.
16. Weighted Arm Circles: Grab the lightest pair of dumbbells you own, cause this exercise is going to burn! Keep your arms as straight as you can for maximum results. Click here more more instructions.
17. Shoulder Press: While this move looks pretty simple, it will definitely sculpt those shoulders. Try not to slump as you lift your arms! Click here to see how it's done.