I have been doing some pretty tireless research lately…trying out cocktail recipes for the perfect “womanista” signature cocktail for summer. It has been really tough, let me tell you, haha! After creating numerous summer sippers with countless fresh ingredients, I finally mixed the best one yet and immediately knew it was the one I wanted to share with you!
Womanistas, I would like to introduce you to the “Womanista Endless Summer” - a blend of muddled watermelon, fresh mint, Voli light vodka, grapefruit perrier, a hint of splenda, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. It’s fresh, fizzy, colorful, full of summery flavor, and low-calorie! Hope y’all enjoy, and let me know what you think!
Ingredients (makes one cocktail):
Fresh seedless watermelon (I like to buy a container of watermelon cut into 1 inch cubes from my local grocery store, but you can certainly cut your own!)
Fresh mint leaves
Voli Light Vodka (original flavor)
*Tasting note: For an alcohol-free version, simply omit the vodka and add twice the perrier
Directions (makes one cocktail):
- Take approximately 4 cubes of fresh watermelon (cut into one-inch cubes), 4 fresh mint leaves, and a sprinkle of splenda (you won’t use a whole packet, just add to your taste of sweetness) – place in a cocktail shaker.
- Use a muddler to smash up those 3 ingredients at the bottom of the cocktail shaker. I personally like to leave a few semi-chunks of watermelon in there rather than completely muddling it to a smooth consistency. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use a fork for this process!
- Add 1 part voli vodka to the cocktail shaker (approx 2 ounces, but you can make it as strong as you like – this womanista doesn’t hate a heavy pour!)
- Add 1 part grapefruit perrier to the cocktail shaker
- Add about a cup of ice to the cocktail shaker, cover, and shake for about 10 seconds to chill and combine ingredients thoroughly
- Pour entire mixture (including ice – do not strain) into a rocks glass
- Squeeze one wedge of lime over the top of the cocktail and garnish with one lime wheel
- Sip & Savor the summer flavor!!!
I hope you enjoy the “Womanista Endless Summer” at your next poolside cocktail party! And always remember to drink responsibly and NEVER drink & drive, womanistas!
xo, the Womanista